Blog Post #7

A teacher website is a very important tool that all teachers should utilize. Websites help easily provide important information to parents and students. Nowadays, I noticed that many higher education schools, such as middle and high schools, only provide the link to Canvas when you try to access a teacher website. It seems that everything is starting to transfer to Canvas instead of using websites to deliver information. However, I did manage to find one teacher website that hasn't been switched to Canvas yet. I enjoyed this website because it had grade appropriate images, like the crocodile, and also gave all of the essential information for the class such as the supplies, the criteria and as well as an introduction. I feel that the teacher perfectly executed their website design and content. https://www.leonschools.net/Page/10758

 


A teacher's main goal should be to not only efficiently teach new material but also effectively teach it. To efficiently teach is to do it in a timely manner, but in order to effectively teach is to have the students actually comprehend what they are learning. In order to teach more efficiently and effectively I can use a productivity tool like Kahoot, which gives you a time limit but also involves fun characters and a competitive component that will make the learning fun. I could also use a tool like TikTok to better relate to the students, which could not only be efficient, because the videos are shorter, but also effective because it can be something they relate to. 

Using Canvas for Assignment 2 was a very great learning opportunity for me. I have been using Canvas since 10th grade and I had never used the group or pages component of it. I found it easy to edit and lay out things but felt that there were too many steps. I wish It could have showed up on the dashboard like a class instead of having to click so many things to get to the actual content. I will definitely use Canvas with my future students because it is very convenient and has a good layout, but I feel that I wont necessarily use the group component of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #3

Blog Journal #2

Blog Post #6