Blog Journal #1

My name is Marissa Rangel and I am a senior at Florida State University. My major is Psychology with a minor in Education and I hope to one day get my PhD in School Psychology. At home, in Ocala, I work as a substitute teacher and baton teacher, but here in Tallahassee I work as a babysitter. I am very experienced in working with children, and my hope is to one day become a school psychologist. 

My prior technology experience consists of mostly using sites such as Canva or Wix. As a baton teacher, I would also have to create things like Facebook posts for class registration. These posts would have to be clean but also inviting so parents will want to sign their child up for classes. The company I work for also has a website that I update weekly on Wix. In regards to an educational setting, I usually just bring my laptop to all of my classes and stay on Canvas or use things like Google Docs or Microsoft Word. 

My personal learning networks are very broad. For instance, in regards to the people in my network this includes all of my students I teach back home, or the children I babysit; as well as all of the parents I interact with. And then there is a sub network of college interactions like my peers, teachers, and advisers. My learning resources include the physical books I read, usually ones related to psychology, as well as things on the Internet such as "#TeacherTok" or "#PsychTok" on Tik Tok. I regularly use sources such as PsychInfo or other research tools because I have many classes that I need to do research for. 

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #3

Blog Journal #2

Blog Post #6